You don't have the time?
In today’s world, men face multiple commitments to their spouse, children, workplace, community and Church. Every day these responsibilities seem to grow, while the time to meet them seemingly dwindles.
- Imagine if you were told, that if you could give just 24 hours a year to the Knights of Columbus, you would make a positive difference for your family, community and Church. Below is an illustration of just how little time it takes to be an active member of the Knight of Columbus. Even with this minimal commitment you can be an important part of our council and reap the benefits membership offers to you and your family.12 hours reading the weekly parish bulletin, Columbia magazine, and surfing our local, state and Supreme Council web sites.
- Four hours a year attending, with your family, our corporate Communions at Old St. Patrick parish.
- Four hours a year enjoying (again, with your entire family) a council social function such as a dinner, dance, picnic, etc
- Three hours a year on council-sponsored Church, community, council, family, youth or pro-life projects of your choosing.
- One hour a year attending a council meeting. (Who knows, you might even come back for a second!)
That’s only 24 hours a year, which practically any man can fit into his schedule. When you look at the time commitment of joining the Order in this way, it doesn’t seem very intimidating at all.
Once you becomes a member and see how rewarding being a Knight is, you’ll want to dedicate more time to this to being a Knight!
There are 8,760 hours in a year. By giving just 24 of those hours, you can be a better Catholic, father, husband and man. Think of the difference the Knights of Columbus can make in our communities if you join us. Don't you have the time — only 24 hours — to join and make a difference in your life?